Mediterranean Frittata Recipe
400g potatoes ( peeled & thinly sliced)
1 medium red onion (halved & thinly sliced)
2 medium zucchini (thinly sliced)
1/4 cup fresh rosemary (chopped)
1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano (grated)
1/4 cup mozzarella (shredded)
1/3 cup fresh ricotta
1/2 cup cream
2 garlic cloves (peeled & crushed)
20ml extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Salt & pepper to taste
Fresh bread of your choice
2. Peel and cut onion in half. Then thinly slice using a mandoline.
3. Wash and thinly slice zucchini using a mandoline.
4. Chop rosemary.
5. Preheat oven to 190°C (170°C if fan forced).
6. In a large skillet over Medium-High heat, add EVOO.
7. Once hot, add crushed garlic and sliced onion and cook until slightly translucent (approx. 30sec-1 min)
8. Then add the sliced potato and zucchini and cook until lightly browned and almost translucent (approx. 3-5 min).
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reduce heat.
10. In a small jug, whisk together eggs, cream, mozzarella, ricotta salt and pepper (to taste).
11. Pour mixture over ingredients in skillet and cook on low heat for approx. 5-10min. You may wish to cover skillet with a lid to speed up the cooking process and keep ingredients moist.
12. Sprinkle top of frittata with Parmigiano Reggiano and place in oven to complete cooking process.
13. Cook until top of frittata is golden brown and set (approx. 10min).
14. Once cooked, remove skillet from oven and sprinkle top of frittata with chopped rosemary.
15. Serve with fresh bread.