230g Italian sausage meat (removed from casing)
140g Parma prosciutto (finely diced)
1 cup chestnuts (boiled & chopped)
½ cup green olives (pitted & diced)
2 tbsp fresh sage (chopped) or 2 tsp dried sage
1 boneless turkey breast (2kg)
Sea salt & cracked black pepper to season
Extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200˚C (180˚C if fan forced)
- In a bowl, create the stuffing by combine Italian sausage, Parma prosciutto, chestnuts, olives and sage.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a small skillet over a medium flame and add some of the stuffing mixture.
- Sautee` until cooked evenly (approximately 2 minutes).
- Taste and adjust seasoning if required.
- Position turkey breast skin down and flat on a chopping board.
- Use your hands to flatten the turkey, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Evenly spread stuffing on turkey.
- Roll turkey breast so that it wraps around the stuffing.
- Use kitchen twine to secure the stuffed turkey by wrapping it around the breast and securing with a tight knot.
- Place turkey in roasting dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Roast for approximately 1 hour, or, until the internal temperature of the turkey breast reaches 75˚C.
- Let turkey rest for 10 minutes.
- Remove twine and slice for serving.
- Pour juices from roasting dish over slices.