1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1 jar already made Napoletana sauce (for dipping)
1 packet fresh, cheese ravioli (store-bought)
2 cups white breadcrumbs
½ bunch fresh, flat leaf parsley
Black cracked pepper to season
1 cup buttermilk
Olive oil (for frying)
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan until you reach a depth of 2 inches.
- Heat oil over medium heat until thermometer registers 160°C.
- While oil is heating, place buttermilk in a bowl, and, breadcrumbs, parsley and pepper into another.
- In batches, dip ravioli in buttermilk, coating completely. Allow excess buttermilk to drain off. Then, coat ravioli in bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat this process for remaining ravioli.
- In a saucepan, heat Napoletana sauce over medium to low heat to be ready for serving.
- Once oil is ready, fry ravioli in batches until golden (approximately 3 minutes), turning occasionally.
- Transfer fried ravioli to paper towels for draining.
- Sprinkle fried ravioli with grated Parmesan.
- Serve with warmed Napoletana sauce for dipping.