This tasty snack is great for adding to kid’s lunch boxes or enjoying as you rush out the door. These quick and easy muffins will allow you to keep up with your busy schedule, while still offering a delicious and nutritious alternative to the kids. Give them a go!
2 cups self-raising flour
40g shredded mozzarella cheese
10g grated parmesan cheese
½ cup Virginian ham, diced
¼ cup Kalamata olives, roughly chopped
¼ cup button mushrooms, finely chopped
¼ cup tomato, finely diced
150g butter, melted
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbsp continental parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced).
- If using a rubber mould muffin tray, lightly brush the inside with olive oil. Alternatively, you may line the tray with patty pans.
- In a large bowl, add flour, cheese, ham, olives, mushrooms and tomato.
- In a pouring jug, add the egg, milk and butter and whisk until all combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Mix until all ingredients have just combined.
- Pour into muffin tray, equally distributing the portions.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.
- Serve with some grated parmesan sprinkled on top.